Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Foundation Garments: Shirts!

Whoo Hoo! I am so excited to post about the progress I am making! These are the first two shirts I made from some knit I inherited from a friend who passed away. She was an amazing lady with a big personality!
The Michael Miller knit is loud enough on it's own but the brown needed some jazzing up!
 


I'm pretty sure I was influenced by Cindy's Tee and I think her whole science fiction vibe since I have nicknamed the brown shirt my "Intergalactic Space Travel Stewardess Shirt" Why, I don't know. I feel like Star Trek in it which is crazy cause I never watched Star Trek growing up.
Prepare to enter warp speed!
The buttons make me very happy. I love that they are all mismatched and how this color scheme evolved as I dug through the button jar.

Fun little details!

Which looks better? On me or on manikin?
While there is room for improvement I am pleased with how both turned out. Both are very wearable and the sleeves and body are both finally long enough for me!
Happy long sleeve!
So there you have it! My first completed Foundation Garment Post! So excited to have fun clothes that fit! What is your pet peeve when trying to find shirts? The fit? The color or pattern?



4 comments:

Cation Designs said...

Cute tee! Love how the buttons dress it up a little. And yay for long enough sleeves -- I, too, have orangutan arms so I know what a triumph it is to not have cold wrists!

EmSewCrazy said...

Thanks! It is SO nice. Glad you liked my creation from your inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's taken so long to respond- I had to take a little blogging/e-mail break after all the hurry scurry with Frosting Fortnight. Love you shirts! The button detail is especially super cute. I've had some bad luck with my foundation garments, so not sure how soon I'll be able to finish them, but seeing how quickly you've worked is really inspiring! I'll get a blog button for the challenge posted soon.

EmSewCrazy said...

Frosting Fortnight was great! You deserved a break after all that good work! I'm glad you like my work so far.
Hope you get something figured out with your foundation garments. Maybe we should extend the deadline! I can't wait to see the blog button!
Thanks for coming up with this great idea!